With hundreds of methods available on the market for weed control, and dozens of herbicides available, choosing the right one can be a tough job. The first thing to know is that there is no one right herbicide, they are all made different intended to be used for different purposes. The Roundup Ultra 3000 is one such herbicide which offers deep penetration and impressive results by working from tip to root. Many have been praising? Roundup for long now, and the Roundup Ultra 3000 in this series is the most liked product, as it suits to a wide array of weed varieties and can be used on different plains, fields.
The reasons behind its popularity are found out to be:
- Kills the roots – so weeds don’t come back – treats up to 3000m2
- Makes up to 50 spray liters
- Perfect for large areas
- Kills all weeds even tough & woody ones
- Degrades in soil allows replanting
The weed killer kills most garden weeds in a single application. The effective formula when seeps through the leaves and spreads through the entire plant, kills it from tip to root, with no chances of regeneration possible. The unique action of the Roundup ULTRA 3000 is that it is inactivated as it touches the soil, and is broken down by bacteria inside the soil. This makes it ideal for pre-treatment and allows replanting without any side effects.
The Roundup Ultra 3000 is suitable for every weed control need, whether you have a small flower border or vegetable garden, weed plagued driveways, or an estate. The Roundup is a systemic action weed killer, which means it is readily absorbed by the leaves of plants, and spreads throughout to kill the plant from root to tip.
The unique composition has no adverse effect in the soil, it gets absorbed into the plants’ sap stream and is then carried to the growing points of the roots and shoots. Shoots are the area of the plant that consist of stems, lateral buds, and flower buds.The Roundup Ultra 3000 will kill almost all weeds including deep rooted perennials such as Marestail, Bindweed and Nettles too! It is best for easy garden maintenance with a measuring cap for 10 ml and 20 ml.
The Roundup ULTRA 3000 is effective in a single application. The herbicide can be used anytime and is especially effective when weeds are actively growing, with large leaves to readily absorb it. Rain reduces the effectiveness of the herbicide, so a reapplication is advised if it rains within 6 hours of spraying.
Different suggested usage of the Roundup ULTRA 3000 are:
- Clear weeds before planting
- Clear weeds around walls, fences, trees and shrubs
- Renovate overgrown areas
- Clear weeds from drives and patios
Replanting & Sowing
Light cover of annual weeds: Replanting/sowing can commence the day after treatment.
Dense cover, including perennial weed: Leave at least 7 days for the weed killer to move to underground roots and shoots before digging or cultivating soil.
The Roundup Ultra 3000 is effective on annual weeds, most perennial weeds, and on areas not intended to bear vegetation. Use it on gravel areas, paths, drives, hard surfaces, patios, tarmac, along fences, and for edging lawns. The herbicide is great to clean up the ground before planting and to renovate overgrown areas. Many gardeners and horticulturists ask, “how much roundup per gallon of water”? Well, here are the suggested roundup weed killer mixing ratio combinations:
|Amount||Area treated||Best time of year to treat|
|Annual weeds: Chickweed, Speedwell||10 ml||30 m2||April – November|
|Grasses: Including Couch||15 ml||30 m2||April – November|
|Perennial broad-leaved weeds: Bindweed, Dandelions, Docks, Thistles||15 ml||30 m2||Dandelions, Docks : April – October Bindweed, Thistles: around the time of flowering|
|Brush weeds: Brambles, Nettles, Bracken||20 ml||30 m2||Brambles, Nettles, scrub: June – September Horsetail, Bracken: July – August?????????????????? Fully grown Nettles: cut back in early summer and treat regrowth in September Japanese Knotweed: For best results, apply at flowering (August/September)|
|Areas not intended to bear vegetation||15 ml||30 m2||April – November|
Here we do a little how to use, to introduce you with the usage of product:
- The herbicide is toxic to consume, so it is a good practice to wear water-proof gloves and gardening footwear. If you will be performing a heavier duty job, you will want to wear a forestry helmet.
- Roundup Ultra 3000 to be added to 5L of water in a watering can or 1L water in a sprayer
- Amount, Area treated, time of year to treat can be referred with the above table
- Simply remove the security band and squeeze to release the child-resistant measuring cap. Fill the cap to the 20ml mark for quick growing annual weeds and for tougher weeds like Nettles and Bindweed use 40ml.
- Add this amount to 1 liter of water if you are using a sprayer. I recommend you use a special gardening tool for spraying herbicide. If you are using a watering can (fitted with a fine rose or weed killer sprinkler bar) add this amount to 5 liters of water.
The Roundup Ultra 3000 features Glyphosphate, which makes it a NON-HAZARDOUS total herbicide. The Glyphosphate makes it a systemic weed killer, and lets the herbicide kill the weed from tip to root, eliminating any chance of its regeneration.
Application rate (Efficiency)
The roundup concentrate offers great value for larger areas. It is available in various sizes and for that extra-large area Roundup Ultra 3000 is the product. This is an extra concentrated form suitable for a coverage of a massive 3000m2. It can be used with 1 liter spray or 5 liter cans with the convenience of a ready-to use or a liquid concentrate.
The first thing you have to understand about Roundup Ultra 3000, is that it is a deep reach action herbicide, which means it works slow and takes time to clear out the weeds. So, remain patient, it will work!
The Roundup Ultra 3000 is found to be an effective all weed herbicide which is cost effective due to its concentrated solution, and can be used in a variety of areas. An excellent product to keep in your garage, patio, drive-way, garden, pavements etc.
- Cost effective
- Works in one application
- Broad spectrum: Kills all types of weeds
- Applicable in variety of places: gardens, pavements, driveways etc.
- Lasting effect: Requires lesser usage per year
- Takes 2 – 3 weeks to work
- Harmful to other plants: not selective
RESTRICTION: Do not walk into treated areas until the product has dried on leaves to avoid transfer to lawns and other desired vegetation.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
- Do not contaminate water with product or its container
For a similar product, check out Scott’s miracle gro’s weedol lawn concentrate weed killer.