WARNING: KILLING TREES IS AN UNETHICAL and WRONG ACTIVITY THAT CAN CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE TO THE SURROUNDING ECOSYSTEM. PROCEED TO USE SUCH PRODUCTS WITH EXTREME CAUTION AND CONSIDERATION.
Dealing with tree stumps and deep-rooted perennial weeds can be tough. Digging them isn’t an option, as it takes out substantial amount of soil and the process is labor intensive. Also, deep rooted woody weeds like ground elder and bindweed are tough to kill. For such applications, the Roundup tree stump and root killer is the right herbicide as it kills such weeds and tree stumps effectively, fully degrades in soil and allows quick replanting. In fact, we argue that it is the best tree stump killer on the market today.
Here’s what it’s capable of:
- Kills tree stumps, standing trees, saplings and more resistant, deep rooted weeds such as Japanese Knotweed
- Works for either coniferous or deciduous trees
- Easy to use dispensing bottle for correct mixture every time
- Applied with brush
The concentrated glyphosate weed killer is a very effective herbicide and is systemic, which means the herbicide gets absorbed through leaves, spreads throughout the plant and kills the plants from tip to root.
Especially effective on freshly cut woody surfaces and leaves; the Roundup tree stump and root killer is effective in controlling standing coniferous and deciduous trees, newly cut tree stumps, tree saplings, bracken, brambles, nettles and other tough perennial and woody weeds.
The distinguishing point: The Roundup tree stump and root killer is claimed to be the only home and garden herbicide that comes with detailed instructions and an application pipette to kill patches of Japanese Knotweed.
Overview: Working Mechanism
Systemic action: The Roundup tree stump and root killer kills weed and roots through systemic action. The concentrate is diluted and sprayed which is then absorbed by foliage, freshly cut tree stumps. It spreads through the plant body and kills the plant to its very root eliminating any chance of regeneration.
The tree stump and root killer Includes disposable pipette for specialized treatment of Japanese knotweed. The solution is bio-degradable and gets inactivated once it comes in contact with soil. Also, the micro-organisms in the soil further disintegrate it to remove any traces of herbicide, making the area ready for re-plantation or for children and pets to play.
Tips for Using
The Roundup tree stump and root killer is designed to tackle tough weeds like brambles, nettles, deep rooted and woody weeds and tree stumps. It is also capable of killing Japanese knotweed. However,? it can work on moss buildup on a tree but you may be better suited to using the best moss killer.
Just prepare an easy mix and spray around the garden, on gravel areas, paths, drives and along fences. It is great for cleaning up weedy areas before planting vegetables, flowers, shrubs and to renovate overgrown areas.
Spectrum Covered by Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer
Where to use:
- Annuals and most perennial weeds and trees
- Around the garden and on areas not intended to bear vegetation (hard surfaces, patios, drives, tarmac, paths and gravel areas)
When to use:
- When the weeds are actively growing
- Weeds have adequate leaf area to absorb the spray
- Freshly cut tree stumps and standing trees should be treated from November to March
- Avoid spraying when rain is imminent
- Repeated treatment may be needed if it rains within 6 hours of spraying
- Avoid spraying in windy conditions
Instructions to Remember
A note of caution – Always wear waterproof gloves and gardening footwear.
Freshly cut tree and shrub stumps:
- Deciduous trees – 10% solution in water (e.g. 100ml in 1 liter of water)
- Coniferous trees – 20% solution in water (e.g. 200ml in 1 liter of water)
Areas not intended to bear vegetation:
- Apply 15ml per 1 liter (or 5 liters in a watering can) per 30 m2
Standing trees (Coniferous and deciduous):
- Using a 3?4 or 1 inch standard paint brush, apply 2ml per 10 cm trunk diameter to each cut
- Do not treat in the period of active sap flow in the spring/ early summer
- Apply as a foliar spot application using a 2% solution (20ml in 1 liter of water)
- Spray the underside as well as the upper surface of the leaves
- Repeat treatment may be necessary if regrowth appears
The Roundup tree stump and root killer contains glyphosate, which is a systemic herbicide. This formulation is highly effective on pesky perennial woody weeds and is also great to kill tree stumps.
Environmental Information: the Roundup tree stump and root killer is deactivated as soon as it comes in contact with the soil and gets degraded into the soil as the micro-organisms readily decompose it.
Application rate (Efficiency):
|Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer to be added to :
SPRAYER – 1 liter of water WATERING CAN – 5 liters of water
|?Amount||Area treated||Best time of year to treat|
|Tough perennial broad- leaved weeds :
Bindweed, Dandelions, Docks, Ground
Elder, Thistles (see below*)
|15 ml||30 m2||?Dandelions, Docks : April – October
?Bindweed, Ground Elder, Thistles
around the time of flowering
|Brush weeds :
Brambles, Nettles, Horsetail (see below*), BrackenSaplings :
Beech, Sycamore, Oak, Hazel, Willow and Ash
|20 ml20 ml||30 m2||?Brambles, Nettles, scrub : June – September
?Horsetail, Bracken : July – August
?Fully grown nettles : cut back in early summer and treat regrowth in SeptemberTreat June – August, before leaf senescence
- Works really well on stumps
- Kills Japanese Knotweed too
- Quick re-plantation
- No traces left in soil, no leeching
- Can also be used as general herbicide after dilution
- Concentrated glyphosate solution and a pipette, doesn’t seem to be well-thought
- Contains only the bare resources
- No disposable gloves, disposable brush for application
- Pipette not labelled by volume
The Roundup tree stump and root killer is not as specific as it is claimed to be. It is like other general-purpose weed killer with same effects.
The tree stump and root killer is found effective against tree stumps, Japanese Knotweed, and is applicable to all woody weeds.
If you enjoyed this Roundup tree stump and root killer review, help us out by sharing it via your favorite social media site.