Clinic Ace TF is a new product launched by Nufarm that contains a non-tallow amine version of glyphosate. Almost every glyphosate weed killer is made up of an adjuvant system comprised of tallow amine. Clinic TF is a less hazardous version because it uses a low-risk adjuvant system.
An industry secret many people do not know is that a lot of weed killers include chemical ingredients that make it appear as if the weeds are dying. However, this is merely an illusion because weed plants can take a few weeks to die. Clinic Ace TF is a professional herbicide that does not contain such ingredients and yet effectively controls weeds within three weeks.
Clinic TF’s unique formula has a low risk for weeds to develop a resistance to the herbicide. It works to control both annual and perennial weeds before sowing or planting of crops.
- Gets rid of most annual and perennial weed species.
- Non-selective and non-residual weed killer with excellent performance.
- Reasonable price.
- Suitable for Post sowing/planting and pre-emergence.
How it works
Clinic TF is a herbicide that works by acting upon the foliage of a weed plant. It translocates through the plant’s leaves, stem, rhizomes, stolons, and roots to block critical biological processes and the plant begins to die.
As mentioned earlier, Clinic TF Ace uses its adjuvant system allowing the product to work strategically in most areas. In some situations, the use of an adjuvant can help improve the speed of activity, the effectiveness of the product, and better rain fastness. The product gets deactivated upon contact with the soil.
Clinic Ace TF is capable of controlling the following weeds:
- Couch grass and other perennial grasses (dosage 3l/ha
- Onion couch (false oat grass) (dosage: 4l/ha)
- Perennial broadleaved weeds such as thistles, rosebay willow herb, and docks (dosage: 4l/ha)
- Annual broadleaved weeds such as weed beet (dosage: 1.5l/ha)
- Oilseed rape and linseed (dosage: 1.5l/ha)
- Many more
How to use
Probably the most challenging part is to figure out how to use Clinic Ace TF to eliminate weeds. Below we have organized all the essential information in an easy to read format.
|Crops/weeds||Dosage||Latest time of application|
|Winter wheat, durum wheat, field beans, barley||4 l/ha||Seven days before harvest|
|Destroying grassland||6l /ha||Five days before drilling, grazing, or harvest|
|Oilseed rape and linseed||4l/ha||Fourteen days before harvest|
|All edible and non-edible crops in line with approved crops||5l/ha||Five days before drilling or planting of the crop|
|Post planting and pre-emergent for Swedes, vinning peas etc.||1.5/ha||Pre-emergence of the crop|
|Natural surfaces not meant to grow vegetation||5l/ha|
|Green cover on land||6l/ha||Twenty-four hours before cultivation|
|Forest weed control||10l/ha 2 ml per cut per diameter|
|Perennial and broadleaved weeds/grasses||4l/ha|
How to get the best results:
- Ensure you only apply this product during dry conditions. Check with your local weather station to see if it will rain within a 24 hour period.
- Avoid using on weeds that are already dying because of natural senescence or severe weather conditions such as drought.
- Broadleaved weeds should have at least two well-grown leaves and should be actively growing.
- When spraying annual grasses, ensure they have a minimum 5 cm of leaves and be actively growing
- Perennial grasses must be healthy and actively growing with at least four- five leaves and 11 cm of growth.
- Annual grasses must have a length of at least 4 centimetres and be actively growing.
- Use during autumn when it is cold and humid.
- Do not spray during windy conditions because there is a risk for drifting. Drifting can accidentally kill off your desired vegetation.
- Translocation of the Clinic herbicide takes several days so apply a lime fertiliser, manure, or pesticides seven days after TF has dried.
- For best results, use the product when weeds are actively growing and are healthy. This period usually ranges from spring to autumn.
Knapsack hydraulic sprayer
Clinic TF requires 90-240l/ha to apply. Just fill the knapsack sprayer with the recommended dilution rates and begin spraying.
The mist type on the sprayer’s nozzle will depend on the type of weed you are targeting. For dense vegetation, coarser droplets work best. For young grasses or weed seedlings, a finer mist is best.
To use a weed wiper, the sprayer of the wiper must be able to apply 90-240l/ha within a pressure range of 1.6-2.6 bars using roughly a 90-degree nozzle. The speed of the tractor should move at about 6-7 kilometres per hour.? Weeds should be a minimum of 10 centimetres taller than the wanted plants. You will need to make two passes in dense areas.
Safety and Precautions
Here are some safety measures you need to take when handling this product:
- Carefully manage to avoid spray drift
- Do not use a sprayer made out of unlined steel
- Do not leave solution mixture for long periods of time
- wear protective gear including eye goggles, gloves, boots, and coveralls when using this product.
- Remove treated plants before re-grazing.
- Thoroughly wash sprayer tank after each use.
- Protect Clinic Ace TF from frost.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the treated area until the spray mixture is dry.
For a similar product check out the Gallup Hi-Aktiv Glyphosate Concentrate.
If you found this article helpful, help us by sharing this page via your favourite social media site or leave a comment below.